Rihanna fans starving for new music now at least have an idea what’s going to be on the menu.
Rihanna told the New York Times T Magazine that she’s working on a reggae album. She doesn’t have a release date in mind yet, but she’s thinking about an album title inspired by the Rihanna Navy — R9. That’s the shorthand superfans have used when wondering when RiRi’s ninth studio album would emerge.
She spoke on potential collaborators, saying that while she has not cut a track with Lady Gaga, it’s still a possibility. But she has definitely ruled out any Drake collaboration for the next album.
She also seems open to putting together a greatest hits collection. “I’m sure if I put all my favorite songs together, it would be a really sick album.”
- Lately, Rihanna has the Midas touch. Whoever she works with or whatever she works on turns to gold.
- A greatest hits album is a great idea.
- She’s going back to her roots.
- Rihanna’s so busy with her fashion deals, fragrances, acting and everything else — we couldn’t blame her if she wasn’t able to make time for the studio. But it doesn’t mean we wouldn’t be disappointed.
- Let’s not hold our breath. We still don’t know when this is dropping.