Nipsey Hussle’s legacy goes much deeper than rap.
The LA Times reports that in the wake of Nipsey’s death, the LA Bloods and Crips have worked out a peace treaty. Two hours of public negotiations in a Compton park resulted in a cease-fire agreement. The terms are pretty straightforward — the rival gangs agreed to respect each other’s territory and not shoot at one another.
- The meeting had middle-aged gangbangers and young’ns side by side.
- You can’t get results like Nipsey did without earning the respect of your community first.
- This isn’t just his legacy — it was his life’s work. Remember those Reeboks Nipsey put out to send a message of unity to gangbangers?
- In the days before his passing, Nipsey set up meetings with top gang officials and even law enforcement.
- Show me another artist who can command respect from all sides like Nip could.