“Old Town Road” just broke another record.
Lil Nas X’s breakout single has topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart for 13 weeks and counting. That makes it officially the longest-running hip-hop chart-topper, beating out monster hits like the Black Eyed Peas “Boom Boom Pow,” Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth’s “See You Again” and Eminem’s “Lose Yourself.”
Other records that have spent 13 or more weeks at number-one include “Despacito,” Boyz II Men’s “End of the Road, “Uptown Funk,“ “I Gotta Feeling” and Brandy and Monica’s “The Boy Is Mine.”
- “Old Town Road” is awaiting diamond certification after passing 10,000 units.
- When this song first dropped, it was way too early to call it. But it’s sure starting to feel like “the song of the summer.”
- So wait, it’s a “hip-hop song now” I thought y’all were trying to tell me about how it’s bonafide country?
- I’ve had houseplants that didn’t make it 13 weeks. Hey, it’s not as easy as it sounds, okay?
- Even if he goes down as a “one hit wonder,” he really made the most of that 15 seconds of fame.