Pharrell just made some Harlem high school students super “Happy.”
Skateboard P hooked up the entire 2019 graduating class of Harlem Children’s Zone Promise Academy High School with internships. He said, “Let me be clear, every member of the 2019 graduating class, is guaranteed an internship waiting for them, you, next summer… the world is watching, Harlem, but this renaissance will be different. Believe it or not, with respect, it’s gonna actually be better. The reason why is because the new Harlem Renaissance has education at its core.”
- Talk about paying it forward.
- It’s not a handout for the youth — it’s an investment in the future.
- Pharrell just proved to these kids that hard work pays off.
- I would do high school all over again if it meant a chance at a dream job like working with Pharrell.
- He’s never gonna have to worry about getting coffee or running errands again.