There was tragic news out of Rochester, New York on Monday. A three-year-old boy there was killed after he fell into a restaurant grease trap.
According to Rochester Police Department Investigator Francis Camp, the child broke through the plastic top of a grease trap located behind a Tim Hortons restaurant.
A call came in to police about a missing child at the location just before 11 a.m. local time. Just minutes later, a second call came in saying the child had been found by witnesses, who took the boy out of the grease trap and performed CPR on the child before first responders arrived on the scene.
The boy could not be resuscitated and was pronounced dead at a local hospital. Camp declined to say whether the child was a family member of an employee or restaurant customer, but added, “This is a horrible, unimaginable, unspeakable tragedy.” (USA Today)