President Trump thinks one of the highest-ranking African-Americans in Congress is a “racist.”
Donald J. Trump
✔@realDonaldTrumpIf racist Elijah Cummings would focus more of his energy on helping the good people of his district, and Baltimore itself, perhaps progress could be made in fixing the mess that he has helped to create over many years of incompetent leadership. His radical “oversight” is a joke!
This was just one of many barbs he threw at the Maryland congressman, who represents much of Baltimore, over the weekend. Trump also insulted Charm City in his tweetstorm, calling it a “a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.”
Trump has been targeting Cummings, the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, for his criticism of conditions in migrant detention centers on the southern border. (NBC News)
- Some political scientists think that no matter what happens with the economy, Trump will lose in 2020 because people are exhausted by this stuff.
- This from the guy who thinks there were “very fine people” among white nationalists.
- Mr. Trump, you are the President of ALL of the United States. It is unbecoming of your office to criticize any city, state, region or town.
- He has a point, though: Baltimore has had a rough time the past decade or so. Cummings could focus more on his own district and less on Russia.
- Unemployment among African-Americans is at a record low. Trump is not a racist.