Lil Nas X isn’t the only one making Billboard history this week.
Blue Ivy Carter is now the youngest female artist in history on the Billboard Hot 100 at seven-and-a-half years old. Blue Ivy’s first appearance on the charts comes thanks to her mom, Beyonce, who put her on a track called “Brown Skin Girl” with Saint Jhn and Wizkid.
The song appears on Beyonce’s Lion King-inspired album The Lion King: The Gift, which debuted at number-two overall. (Billboard)
- Blue has the potential to have an even bigger career than her parents if she keeps at it.
- You gotta start ’em young.
- It’s beautiful to see Blue following in her mama’s footsteps.
- She’s joining the family business.
- Blue was credited on Jay-Z‘s “Glory” when she was two days old, but that song never made the Hot 100.