The verdict in A$AP Rocky’s Swedish assault trial was handed down today (Wednesday), and it’s a mixed bag for the Harlem rapper.
The bad news for Rocky is the four-judge panel deemed him guilty, ruling that he and his two friends “were not in a situation where they were entitled to self-defense.” The good news is, he won’t face jail time. Prosecutors were unable to prove that Rocky tried to inflict harm on the victim with a bottle, which meant the sentence wasn’t as serious as what it could have been.
Rocky won’t do time — behind bars or serving the community. But he will have to pay restitution to the victim and cover the country’s court costs. While the grand total wasn’t publicly announced, you’ve gotta figure whatever the number is, it’s a lot cheaper than the money Rocky would lose (and has lost) stuck in a Swedish prison cell. (TMZ)
- Wasn’t the three weeks in jail punishment enough? Apparently not.
- If he was given the option to pay to make this all go away a month ago, I bet he would have taken it.
- Do you think he’ll ever go back to Sweden after this?
- Is this Justice for Flacko? He wasn’t found innocent but at least he’s now a free man.
- Watch Trump take the credit like anything he did actually helped.