WEIRD NEWS: Wisconsin Bed Set On Fire

A hotel in Madison, Wisconsin had to be evacuated after a guest accidentally set fire to his mattress.

The fire-starter who told police he was “trying to put out bed bugs with a cigarette” sent the whole mattress up in flames. Guests were forced to evacuate while firefighters put out the fire and inspected the area. No one was injured. It’s unknown how the bed bugs made out in the blaze. (WKOW-TV)

Hot Takes:

  • Just so we all understand, burning bedbugs (or any other insects) is not a good idea.
  • Just wait until this guy checks out of the hotel and gets a bill for the in-room charges.
  • Sometimes, when you’re staying in a hotel, you have to wonder about what other people are doing in their rooms. You never know when your neighbor might be killing bedbugs with a cigarette.