This year’s Lil Weezyana fest was pretty chaotic.
While all of the announced performers, including Lil Wayne, Travis Scott, Meek Mill and special guests DJ Khaled and Future all got their stage time, there was a stampede right after Meek’s performance. Cops still aren’t show how exactly it started, but think the crowd was reacting to false reports of a fight or gunshots.
There was more than just a mad dash to safety — beverage booths were torn apart, tables were overturned, and workers were so scared for their own safety they abandoned their posts. That’s when a looting mentality set in, from opportunistic concertgoers who knocked over registers and tip jars and treated themselves to free bottles and drinks from the bar.
Shortly after, things calmed down, with a little coaching from an event host that threatened the festival would be shut down if people couldn’t chill out.
Besides the theft of money and some beverages from concession stands, there were some reported injuries, including a 17-year-old girl who passed out. Other concertgoers got bruises and scrapes from the stampede, while others report losing personal items in the madness.
One man shows off the liquor bottles he grabbed from Lil WeezyAna Fest concession booths after staffers abandoned it in the wake of stampede
After staffers abandoned concession stand nearest stages, Lil WeezyAna Fest attendees looted the remaining drinks
During stampede at Lil WeezyAna Fest, crowd crashed through concessions area, destroying barricade, knocking over liquor & cash register
- All things considered, sounds like everything worked out alright in the end.
- It would have helped with crowd management if someone got on a mic and told people what was going on.
- Given some of the tragedies we’ve seen at music festivals and other big events, you can’t blame anyone for being jittery and ready to run/panic at a moment’s notice.
- No matter how scary the situation is, panicking doesn’t help anyone.
- It’s Lil Weezyana Fest, not Disney World.
- The show must go on — and it did.This year’s Lil Weezyana fest was pretty chaotic.WThe show must go on — and it did.