The audience at the Emmy Awards laughed at Kim Kardashian — not with her.
She and Kendall Jenner presented the award for Outstanding Reality Show. Kim introduced the award with a scripted line, “Our family knows first-hand how truly compelling television comes from real people just being themselves.”
The crowd inside the Microsoft Theatre chuckled at Kim’s awkward irony. Kendall drew even more laughter by claiming her sisters “tell stories unfiltered and unscripted.”
Keeping Up with the Kardashians is popular but “real and unscripted” it is not.
The 71st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards – Kim Kardashian and Kendall Jenner are laughed at while presenting the award for Outstanding Competition Series. OC:… Outstanding Competition Series.
- Even more awkward than the crowd laughing was Kim standing before a microphone that obscured her face because it was arranged for Kendall’s height.
- A “bless her heart” moment.
- Social media detected the sisters acting pissed by laughter and the crowd’s rejection of them.
- A sign that Kim lost the liberal Hollywood crowd for partnering with Donald Trump for prison reform.
- RuPaul‘s Drag Race won the honors.