12 hours after the latest release date, Jesus Is King is finally here.
Kanye’s ninth studio album is now streaming on Spotify and presumably coming soon to other platforms. The gospel-heavy release was originally slated to drop back in September. The release was later postponed to today — October 25th. Yeezy was aiming for a midnight release, but in the early hours of the morning, he tweeted that he needed more time to put finishing touches on a few tracks, and vowed not to sleep until the project was done.
Tracks include “Closed on Sunday,“ “Use the Gospel,” “Jesus Is Lord” and “Water.” Credited collaborators include Timbaland, The Clipse, Cyhi The Prynce, Ty Dolla $ign, Kenny G and Mike Dean.
- You won’t need to look for a clean version. This album doesn’t have any profanity on it.
- The lyrics include references to Chick-Fil-A and the Yandhi album that never dropped last year.
- This album has me ready to convert.
- If you want to see more about the making of the album, check out the Jesus Is King documentary in IMAX theaters this weekend.
- While making the album at his Cody, Wyoming ranch, he reportedly asked collaborators to pray with him and abstain from premarital sex.