LeBron James repaid the firefighters that saved his California mansion from wildfire. At 3 on Monday morning, LeBron evacuated the neighborhood with his family.
For Taco Tuesday, LeBron sent a taco food truck to feed the first responders at their base camp. The owner, Raul Ortega, said LeBron spent more than $3,000 on tacos. All told, he fed 150 firefighters. (Entertainment Tonight)
Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti tweeted his gratitude to the NBA all-star, (quote) “Thank you, @KingJames, for generously sending a taco truck to support our @LAFD firefighters, first responders, and partner agencies working to fight the #GettyFire.”
- LeBron entered crisis management mode after selfishly complaining in a tweet how he couldn’t find an empty hotel room for his family.
- $3,000 is generous but it doesn’t come close to John Cena donating half a million.
- Then again, Cena has a movie to promote called Playing With Fire. Sorta inappropriate while these blazes erupt.
- The Getty Fire destroyed at least 12 homes in a wealthy neighborhood and is still just 15 percent contained.
- Crazy how wildfires burn through the second-biggest city in the United States.