Nicki Minaj says she means no disrespect toward civil rights icon Rosa Parks.
Barbie’s been working on a new track called “Yikes,” which features a controversial line: “All you bitches Rosa Parks / Uh oh, get your ass up.”
Sources close to Nicki say she didn’t intend to offend with the lyrics. Some think it was extra shady that the snippet dropped the day before Rosa’s birthday. Nicki’s team says that’s just a coincidence and wants fans to realize she has nothing but love for Ms. Parks. (TMZ)
- Nicki’s also the same rapper who started calling herself Harriet Tubman a couple of years back.
- Who cares what it means? It’s provocative. It gets the crowd going.
- People are too sensitive. It’s just a couple of bars.
- “Yikes” is right.
- Is the line really that clever that it’s worth rubbing people the wrong way?
- OutKast could probably give Barb some advice on this one.