A newly sober Ben Affleck has reflected on what he’s lost due to alcoholism. Namely a marriage to Jennifer Garner.
He told The New York Times, (quote) “I drank relatively normally for a long time. I started drinking more and more. My drinking created more marital problems. The biggest regret of my life is this divorce.”
They divorced in 2018 following his very public hookup with 22-year-old Playboy model Shauna Sexton that was fueled by hormones and booze.
His drinking also cost him a career gig as Batman. Yet, his career still thrives. This year alone, Affleck will be in four movies. The first one arrives next month. He plays an alcoholic sports coach who ruins his marriage and lands in rehab. In other words, method acting.
Affleck said he’s ashamed of the TMZ video taken outside a charity ball where he was falling down drunk. He wishes the internet could delete every copy of the video so his children never see it. (The New York Times)
- Ben Affleck lost my attention about the time he dated Jennifer Lopez and made an awful movie with her.
- So much talent in one man who cannot handle his fame. Nor the privilege Hollywood affords Ben Affleck.
- Gambling issues. Drinking and smoking addictions. And he admitting to groping a talk show host’s left boob.
- The people who have sympathy after they quit drinking: Brad Pitt, Kelly Ripa, Jessica Simpson, Bradley Cooper, Demi Lovato and Robert Downey Jr.
- Americans love a redemption story, but honestly how many chances does Ben Affleck deserve?