Event organizers around the world are busy making contingency plans due to the coronavirus.
An unnamed source said “chaos” surrounds this year’s Invictus Games for wounded warriors. The founder, Prince Harry, has demanded daily updates on alternative plans. An insider said, (quote) “Harry has been clear that the welfare of those taking part comes before anything else. Harry would be devastated if the Invictus Games had to be called off.”
The Netherlands hosts the 2020 Invictus Games in May. The country has 13 confirmed coronavirus cases, which is an alarming infection rate of one per million residents.
Authorities in nearby France banned gatherings of more than 5,000 people. A similar restriction in The Netherlands would jeopardize the 2020 Invictus Games. (The Sun, UK)
- To prove the Games are safe to attend, Harry must be on hand and bring wife Meghan Markle with their son, Archie.
- Strong and healthy athletes are some of the least-likely to die from coronavirus.
- The Tokyo Summer Olympic Games face a dilemma due to the size and prestige of the Games but also its proximity to the coronavirus epicenter in China. Japan canceled school for the entire month of March.
- For germaphobes, this outbreak of coronavirus is likely either a nightmare or wet dream.
- I need to know how long this coronavirus survives on public surfaces. Otherwise, I’ll just stay at home rather than touch dollar bills, door handles and restaurant utensils.