DJ D-Nice’s virtual house party was the place to be this weekend.
The DJ and photographer hosted what he called the “Home School” party on Saturday night, and it was packed! Of course the music selection was on point, but it was really about the sense of community that sprung up from the comment section. Even though people are social distancing and staying home, it truly felt special when he would shout out some of the celebs in attendance, everyone from Michelle Obama, Oprah and Janet Jackson to Kevin Hart, Snoop Dogg, and Drake. Other all-star partygoers included J-Lo, Rihanna, Stevie Wonder, Naomi Campbell, Queen Latifah, Ellen DeGeneres, Will Smith, Diddy and Mark Zuckerberg. At one point, even presidential hopefuls Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden dropped in to show love.
At its peak, the 10-hour Home School Instagram Live stream clocked over 100,000 viewers.
- Who’s throwing the party next week?
- Gotta love #ClubQuarantine — great music all for free.99. Plus, it’s BYOB — actually, you have to.
- How cool was it to see everyone come together just to vibe out in a virtual club?
- Who says old dogs can’t learn new tricks? The guy is going on 50 years old but had people of all ages logging on to his stream.
- DJs have always been up on the latest technology.
- Some of the other celebs in attendance included T-Pain, De La Soul, LL Cool J, Timbaland, Naughty by Nature, Sterling K. Brown, Dwayne Wade and Kerry Washington.
- The expansive set list included a tribute to Kenny Rogers.
- It felt like going to Essence Fest without leaving your house.
- We’re gonna see more and more gatherings like this in the coming weeks.