Talk of the decade-old beef between Taylor Swift and Kanye West returned this weekend. And her followers couldn’t have been happier. The hashtag #KanyeWestIsOverParty trended on Twitter. (Billboard)
An unedited recording of their 2016 phone conversation was leaked. It seems to support Taylor’s side of the story. She liked a Tumblr post that said, (quote) “How I sleep at night knowing we were right all this time and now we have the receipts to prove it.”
Previously, Kim Kardashian shared snippets from the call where Kanye discussed his controversial song “Famous.” It framed Taylor as two-faced for her public objection of the lyric, (quote) “I made that bitch famous.” But Kanye never mentioned the derogatory term when speaking with Taylor.
Kanye gave her creative input on the lyric “I feel like me and Taylor Swift might still have sex” that she understood to be edgy, but also tongue-in-cheek. An alternative, which Kim Kardashian preferred, said “I feel like Taylor Swift might still owe me sex.” Taylor predicted a feminist backlash. (Variety)
On Saturday, Kim tweeted, (quote) “The video showed nothing new. We all knew that. I’m so confused right now.”
Her friend and choreographer Todrick Hall tweeted, (quote) “The fact that she even picked up the phone and wasted her valuable time to listen to that nincompoop speak is just a testament to how great a human she is. #KanyeWestIsOverParty”
- One Swiftie suggested the name of Taylor’s next album: Karma.
- I have a sneaking feeling we haven’t heard the last of this.
- It’s clear that these mind games have taken a mental health toll on both stars.
- Taylor turned an emotional corner last year. Just watch Miss Americana on Netflix.
- Especially in this COVID-19 environment, if not every single day, be kind to one another.