President Trump is putting his money where his mouth is — he says he’s taking the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine to protect him from COVID-19.
He told reporters today (Monday) that he’s been taking it for “a couple of weeks.” And despite FDA warnings of serious heart complications, Trump said, “A lot of good things have come out about the hydroxy. A lot of good things have come out. You’d be surprised at how many people are taking it. I happen to be taking it… I’m taking it, hydroxychloroquine, right now.”
Donald Trump on Monday revealed that he’s been taking hydroxychloroquine, a drug that hasn’t been approved by the FDA. OC:…good stories. :08 [Courtesy of 24/7 News Source]
“I happen to be taking it. A couple of weeks ago I started taking, because I think it’s good. I’ve heard a lot of good stories.”
Benefits of the drug haven’t been demonstrated in any studies with a control group. A study of patients in New York showed that the mortality rate among COVID-19 patients taking the drug was actually higher than in those who were not. (NBC News)
- Is he also drinking disinfectant?
- Some people have said Trump hasn’t been looking too hot lately. Maybe it’s the drug.
- So he’s concerned enough about the coronavirus to take a risky drug, but not concerned enough to wear a simple mask.
- If the drug were simply unsafe, the FDA would never have approved it for any use.
- Don’t forget, he has the world’s best doctors attending to him. Any sign of an issue and they’ll swoop right in.