It’s not all bad between Nicki Minaj and Cardi B.
Bardi recently showed her rival some love in a new interview, even though she stopped short of dropping Barbie’s name. Cardi gave Nicki props when she spoke to Beats1 about the women who have run rap over the years. “When I was 6, 7, 8, there was a lot of female rappers and then there was a time when there was no female rappers at all… I had to keep replaying songs from the early 2000s. Like, I had to keep replaying it, replaying it, replaying it because for a while there wasn’t no female rappers. And then, there was one female rapper that dominated for a very long time and she did pretty good and still dominating.”
- Love her or hate her, you’d be crazy to deny Nicki’s impact and influence.
- Cardi and Meg showed a lot of love to other women in hip-hop with her new video, some of whom popped up in cameos.
- We’re one step closer to Cardi and Nicki squashing their beef and working together.
- Nicki drew up the Pinkprint, now it’s up to Cardi to follow the plan.
- It’s shady to be this specific and still not credit the artist you’re speaking on. C’mon, we all know who you’re talking about.